Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Hybrid women’s health clinic HerMD raises $18 million in a Series A extension that brings its total funding to $28 million. The company offers care in Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky, New Jersey, California, and Indiana and plans to expand into New York City soon.
HIStalk Practice Announcements and Requests
Thanks to EClinicalWorks for its continued support of HIStalk Practice. Click the logo for more information.
Check out last week’s Volpara Health webinar with Kettering Health, “Lessons We’ve Learned Since Launching Our Cancer Prevention Program.”
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Ambulatory-focused health IT vendor CharmHealth invests in patient education and engagement startup My Diabetes Tutor, which was a finalist in the health IT company’s innovation challenge several years ago.
Announcements and Implementations
CareCloud will leverage Google Cloud technology to add generative AI capabilities to its products and services in the coming months.
Population health company Varmed Management selects Nutex Health’s Clinigence population health analytics software.
Henry Schein Medical announces GA of MedPac, a remote exam kit equipped with a connected tablet,and diagnostic devices to help clinicians offer virtual care.
Government and Politics
Government officials in Alberta, Canada decry the Marda Loop Medical Clinic’s decision to offer patients membership-based services that give them, among other things, quicker access to providers. Alberta Premier Danielle Smith says this violates the Canada Health Act, which ensures patients have access to national medical services at no additional cost.
- EClinicalWorks population health tools help HealthTexas Medical Group achieve a five-star customer rating.
- Nordic releases a new Designing for Health Podcast, “Interview with Dr. A Jay Holmgren.”
- Medicomp Systems releases a new “Tell Me Where It Hurts” podcast with Grace Cordovano of Unblock Health.
- Nordic releases a new Making Rounds Podcast, “The hopes and promises of AI.”
- The Pan-Canadian Interoperability Roadmap: Does it get us where we need to go? (Nordic)
- How to Enhance Locum Tenens Workflows (PerfectServe)
More news: HIStalk.