Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Population Health Management News Weekly Wrap Up 9/13/15
Population health, precision medicine, and chronic-care management company Persivia acquires clinical-decision software vendor IHM Services for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition will enhance Persivia’s inpatient offerings for infection control, chronic-care management, and quality improvement. The company, which spun out of Alere Analytics earlier this year, plans to launch a Bundled Payment Management and Analytics tool for hospitals participating in the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement payment model when it becomes mandatory on January 1, 2016. (You can read my June 2015 interview with Persivia CEO Mansoor Khan here.)
IBM Watson Health announces a population health solution that integrates Watson Health with Apple’s HealthKit and ResearchKit. The new business, which tapped former Philips Healthcare CEO Deborah DiSanzo as GM, also announced collaboration with Boston Children’s Hospital and Columbia University.
Chicago-based Oak Street Health implements Lightbeam Health’s population health solution to manage value-based contracts across its 15 primary care practices in Illinois and Indiana.
Partners HealthCare and Health Catalyst will create the Partners HealthCare Center for Population Health, which will train employees of both organizations on care management and population health. Health Catalyst will license Partners intellectual property, while Partners has signed an enterprise-wide Health Catalyst subscription. Partners has been a Health Catalyst investor since 2013 and will increase its equity stake.
3M is exploring the sale or spinoff of 3M Health Information Systems, expecting to reach a decision by early next year. The business generates $730 million in annual revenue in sales of technology for coding, population health management, clinical documentation improvement, transcription, and revenue cycle management.
Send me your population health management news for potential inclusion in future weekly wrap ups.
- EClinicalWorks will exhibit at the International Vision Expo & Conference September 17-19 in Las Vegas.
- Leidos Health will exhibit at InSight 2015 Annual Conference September 15-18 in Nashville.
- Demonstrating the Power of Analytics in Population Health (Medicity)
- An “Ideal” Arrangement for Radiologists: Proving Innovation and Low Cost Can Come As a Pair (GE Healthcare)
- Coming Soon: Meaningful Use Final Rule … Will You Be Ready? (Greenway Health)
- Infusing Health Content Into an Integrated Member Engagement Strategy, Part 2 (Healthwise)
- Increase Front Desk Revenue, Step 4 of 5 (AdvancedMD)
- Quippe Increases Nursing Satisfaction at Bumrungrad International Hospital (Medicomp Systems)
- Embracing Change: Four Steps to an “A-Ha!” Moment (PerfectServe)
Jennifer, Mr. H, Lorre, Dr. Jayne, Dr. Gregg, Lt. Dan
More news: HIStalk, HIStalk Connect.
Get HIStalk Practice updates.
Contact us online.
Become a sponsor.