Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Results from Rock Health’s third annual survey on consumer adoption of digital health reveal that:
- Adoption of digital health tools has increased from 80 to 87 percent over the last two years.
- The biggest increase has been in live video telemedicine.
- Telemedicine patients reported higher satisfaction with their virtual visits if they had previously seen the provider in person.
- Despite a plethora of devices (and hype) on the market, interest in mobile tracking devices was minimal. The majority of 4,000 respondents use wearables to track exercise levels.
- The number of respondents who have sought online reviews for providers jumped 50 percent, with 39 percent of those respondents seeking physician reviews.
- Seniors with chronic illnesses represent the biggest digital health opportunity and challenge: They have a higher demand for healthcare services but are least likely to give digital health tools a try.
None scheduled soon. Previous webinars are on our YouTube channel. Contact Lorre for information.
Announcements and Implementations
NextGen reseller TSI Healthcare begins offering Record Locator & Exchange functionality from Surescripts, enabling practices to tap into a health data-sharing network of EHR vendors and record-locator services via the Carequality Interoperability Framework.
Nashville-based patient financial engagement company CarePayment hires Marines Corp veteran Wes Pass (Bank of America Merrill Lynch) as chief strategy officer.
Scott Kolesar (EY) joins EHR and practice management vendor SimplifyASC’s Board of Directors.
Text-based telemedicine company Rhinogram names Kathy Ford (TeleTracking) president and Shannon Hastings (TeleTracking) CTO.
Government and Politics
I’m not sure if the HHS Office of the Inspector General’s “Most Wanted Fugitives” page is new, but it’s certainly attention-getting. Over 170 fugitives are wanted for healthcare fraud. You can report a fugitive here.
Fatima Khan, MD will offer telemedicine services from TeleClinicUSA when she opens her new solo practice, Unity Medical Clinic (KS), in October.
More news: HIStalk.
Get HIStalk Practice updates.
Contact us online.
Become a sponsor.