Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
MTBC acquires Meridian Medical Management for an undisclosed sum. Meridian offers EHR, RCM, and robotic process automation software.
MTBC CEO Stephen Snyder says the purchase is the company’s largest acquisition to date. It acquired EHR and practice management vendor CareCloud for $36 million in January.
June 18 (Thursday) 12:30 ET. “Understanding the ONC’s Final Rule: Using FHIR HL7 for Successful EHR Integrations.” Sponsor: Newfire Global Partners. Presenters: Bob Salitsky, healthcare IT expert, Newfire Global Partners; Jaya Plmanabhan, MS, healthcare data scientist. This fast-paced, 30-minute webinar will provide an overview of the Final Rule and describe how technology vendors, payers, and providers can use FHIR HL7 to deliver true interoperability. Attendees will learn how to define the data, technology, and flows needed for their EHR integration projects; how products can retrieve health information while meeting compliance regulations; and the benefit of adopting quickly to the future of data exchange while simplifying future integration efforts.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Appointment scheduling software vendor DocASAP raises an undisclosed amount of funding in a financing round led by Optum Ventures.
Bansi Nagji (McKesson) joins GoodRx as president of healthcare. The prescription-savings company, last valued at nearly $3 billion, is looking at IPO options according to a CNBC report.
Announcements and Implementations
Digital health clinic company Ro will offer its telemedicine patients access to in-person providers via provider directory software from Ribbon Health.
RubiconMD adds a behavioral health module to its e-consult technology for primary care physicians, giving them access to screening and diagnostic tools and specialists.
Epic Behavioral Healthcare (FL) selects the SmartCare EHR from Streamline Healthcare Solutions.
DocClocker adds remote check-in capabilities to its patient wait-time app.
Primary care management company Vytalize Health will use Trella Health’s analytics to optimize its physician networks across eight states.
PatientPoint makes branded content and educational messaging available during telemedicine visits and remote patient monitoring sessions.
Infinx Healthcare adds ScriptSender’s data exchange capabilities to its prior authorization and clinical decision support automation software for radiologists.
Nebraska Health Information Initiative adds social service referral software from Unite Us to its statewide HIE.
Research and Innovation
A survey of 1,800 adults gauging their post-COVID-19 interest in telemedicine finds that:
- Eight-three percent will likely use telemedicine after the pandemic ends.
- Over 33% are willing to use telemedicine to immediately resume regular care.
- While just over half would see a new doctor virtually, 40% would see a new physician via telemedicine only if they were referred or had great online reviews.
- Easy-to-use technology, access messaging, and online scheduling options are top reasons for telemed utilization.
Imagine my surprise to find that HHS Secretary Alex Azar was in my neck of the woods earlier this week. (Let the record show that my visit to the clinic predates his by about eight months. You can read about my experience here.) Azar also toured the CDC while in Atlanta.
In Canada, several companies work together to develop the Citizen Care Pod, which uses Microsoft technology to offer COVID-19 screening, testing, and eventually vaccination.
- AdvancedMD releases a new e-book, “Post-COVID-19: Moving to ‘Better Than Normal’ – four essential elements in getting past merely normal.”
- Black Book ranks Nordic as #1 in client satisfaction in the category of strategic initiatives advisory.
- Navigating new Medicare hospital outpatient department authorization requirements (Nordic)
- Finding a New Normal: The Patient Experience (EClinicalWorks)
More news: HIStalk.
Get HIStalk Practice updates.
Contact us online.
Become a sponsor.