Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
E-prescribing software vendor DoseSpot secures an investment from growth equity firm PSG. The company’s software integrates with EHRs, dental practice management systems, telemedicine, and other digital health technologies.
February 9 (Wednesday) 1 ET. “2022 – Industry Predictions and Medicomp Roadmap.” Sponsor: Medicomp Systems. Presenters: David Lareau, CEO, Medicomp Systems; Jay Anders, MD, chief medical officer, Medicomp Systems; Dan Gainer, CTO, Medicomp Systems. The presenters will provide an update on the health IT industry and a review of the company’s milestones and insights that it gained over the past two years. Topics will include Cures Act implications, interoperability, AI, ambient listening, telehealth-first primary care, chronic care management, and new Quippe functionality and roadmap.
Previous webinars are on our YouTube channel. Contact Lorre to present your own.
CentralReach hires Clark Convery (Visual Lease) as COO.
Aledade hires former North Carolina HHS Secretary Mandy Cohen, MD, MPH as EVP and CEO of its Care Solutions business.
Government and Politics
The FCC awards $47.89 million to 100 organizations in the last round of funding for its COVID-19 Telehealth Program. Nearly 1,000 organizations have received grants for for telehealth-related expenses.
Research and Innovation
An Athenahealth analysis of EHR documentation by 14,520 end users over five months finds that:
- Female clinicians spend more time with patients and more time documenting in the EHR outside of business hours.
- The ability to delegate even 10% of documentation to another member of the care team could save a clinician 3.5 hours each week.
- On average, clinicians spend 21.5% of EHR time outside of business hours.
- Sunsetting support for older iOS devices (AdvancedMD)
- Should doctors care about your address? (Nordic)
- Healthcare 2022: Regulatory Trends to Look for in the Year Ahead (EClinicalWorks)
More news: HIStalk.
Get HIStalk Practice updates.
Contact us online.
Become a sponsor.