Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
HHS announces nearly $124 million in grant opportunities focused on helping clinics establish and manage Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics, as well as on enhancing and supporting existing CCBHCs.
None scheduled soon. Previous webinars are on our YouTube channel. Contact Lorre to present or promote your own.
InterMed (ME) promotes Wai-Houng Leung to CIO.
Raintree Systems names Vu Nguyen (BARBRI Global) chief product officer.
Announcements and Implementations
Healthcare Outcome Performance Company, a value-based orthopedic care organization, will leverage Luna’s in-home physical therapy technology and services as part of its new HOPco at Home program. HOPco will also integrate Luna’s technology into its recently acquired MSK.ai musculoskeletal platform.
Government and Politics
AHRQ adds physician practice files to its Physician and Physician Practice Research Database, offering insight into physician practice characteristics at the state level. The database is intended to “address supply-side policy questions and to support policy-relevant health services research.”
The local paper digs into the factors influencing Maryland’s physician shortage and the resultant lack of timely, available appointments for patients. A few highlights:
- Maryland ranks highest in the nation for ER wait times, no doubt due to an increasing number of patients using the ER in place of primary and urgent care.
- Increased access to health coverage and health equity efforts have resulted in an increasing number of patients served by a decreasing number of clinicians.
- Primary care physicians are in shorter supply due to burnout, retirement, high patient loads, increasing practice costs, and a lack of up-and-coming PCPs.
- Nurses and nursing support staff are also part of the state’s healthcare labor shortage, a problem exacerbated by Maryland’s licensing bottleneck.
- Nordic publishes a new episode of its In Network podcast.
- Censinet and KLAS Research recognize Nordic for achieving and sustaining its KLAS Cybersecurity Transparent designation.
More news: HIStalk.
Get HIStalk Practice updates.
Contact us online.
Become a sponsor.