Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Primary care provider Cano Health sees its stock slump on the news that three directors have resigned. Former director Barry Sternlicht was, upon his departure, vocal in his criticism of the company’s management team and operating decisions, which have caused the company’s stock to drop 90% from its debut.
Cano operates 141 primary care centers across the country. Both CVS Health and Humana considered acquiring it last fall.
Peter Licursi (Abacus Insights) joins Pager as chief growth officer.
Announcements and Implementations
Direct primary care-focused health IT vendor Hint Health announces GA of Hint All-in-One, a technology platform that includes EHR, billing, and patient/member relationship management capabilities. The new offering likely includes software developed by AeroDPC, which was acquired by Hint Health last November.
Pager will incorporate Google Cloud’s Healthcare API, Dialog flow, and BigQuery data platform into its patient engagement platform that includes care navigation and virtual care capabilities.
Research and Innovation
Researchers determine that family physicians working in federally-run practice settings are more likely to collaborate with behavioral health professionals than those that work in private practice settings. Strong correlations were also seen amongst female physicians, core/salaried faculty, working in Southern states, and working in states with higher concentrations of psychiatrists. Forty percent of the 25,222 family physicians surveyed reported working collaboratively with behavioral health professionals.
- Surgical Care Specialists (PA) and Fairview Community Health Center (KY) transition to the EClinicalWorks Cloud.
- Nordic releases a new Making Rounds Podcast, “Modernizing business intelligence for stronger data analysis.”
- Expanding women’s health: Addressing health disparities with innovations (Nordic)
- Unlocking the Potential of Your Answering Service: More Than a Cost Center (PerfectServe)
- Reducing No-shows Through Simple Patient Engagement Strategies (EClinicalWorks)
More news: HIStalk.