Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Petaluma Health Center, an FQHC with multiple locations in Petaluma, CA, notifies patients of a March data breach in which hackers accessed information pertaining to employees, board members, and volunteers.
The practice went live on Epic last week.
George Hamilton (UnitedHealth Group) joins Athenahealth as chief corporate strategy and development officer.
Announcements and Implementations
The Center for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery in Texas implements EClinicalWorks.
CHE Behavioral Health Services will roll out NextGen’s behavioral health suite of software solutions across its facilities in 14 states.
Thor Christensen, MD cites Health PEI’s Telus Health EHR as the driving factor in his decision to resign from the Canadian government health system after working as a rural family physician for nearly eight years. Health PEI began implementing the system in the summer of 2021. Some of his complaints:
- Electronically prescribing medications takes four to five minutes, versus 15 paper-based seconds.
- Promised interoperability amongst Health PEI facilities has yet to be achieved.
- Administrative tasks pile up, forcing him to spend several hours on his laptop at home each night.
- The system still can’t assist with bloodwork.
- AdvancedMD publishes a new e-book, “The Current State of Telehealth in Ambulatory Care.”
More news: HIStalk.