Re: Walmart Health: Just had a great dental visit this morning, which was preceded by helpful reminders from Epic, and…
Greater Good Health raises $20 million in a Series A funding round, bringing its total raised to $33 million. It it will use the investment to build its first clinics – three facilities in Montana developed in partnership with Humana. The senior-focused, primary care company currently partners with payers and providers to help them shift to value-based care. Founder and CEO Sylvia Hastanan spent several years as an executive at Optum before launching Greater Good in 2021.
Acquisitions, Funding, Business, and Stock
Paywalled reporting from The Information suggests that primary and urgent care provider Carbon Health has laid off over 100 employees to compensate for a drop in revenue related to a decline in COVID-related services. The company launched in 2015 and has raised over $600 million.
Nikole Benders-Hadi, MD (Included Health) joins Talkspace as chief medical officer.
PatientPoint names Meghan Sarli (IQVIA) principal, client Insights and enablement; Melanie Spurrier (Definitive Healthcare), VP of research and analytics; and David Loux (Indegene) VP of client solutions.
Announcements and Implementations
Syra Health develops Syrenity, a mental health module that incorporates continuous monitoring, cognitive therapy interventions, and virtual care.
Samimi Orthopedic Group (GA) implements Azra Care’s AI-powered Kimi virtual assistant.technology.
- EClinicalWorks integrates with Sunoh.ai, an AI-powered ambient listening technology that generates clinical documentation during appointments.
- Nordic publishes a new episode of its In Network podcast, “Making Rounds: Lab information, at your service.”
- Black Book Research recognizes vendors exhibiting at MGMA’s Leaders Conference who’ve received its 2023 awards for highest customer experience and user satisfaction in practice management, including HIStalk sponsor EClinicalWorks.
- Navigating the Challenges of Transcription: Finding a Solution That is Accurate, Timely & Secure (AdvancedMD)
- Securing healthcare data: The critical need for cyber resilience. (Nordic)
More news: HIStalk.